Our organization for people with disabilities “Association Right to Life”, founded in 2005 by parents and friends of people with disabilities and is located at Heraklion, the capital of the island of Crete in Greece.
Our goal is to help covering the multiple needs of people with disabilities (children and adults) taking into account the lack of public structures in our country and because we believe that we (families and friends of these people) should actively participate to make their life better and worth to be. We also want to give them the best quality of life (physically, emotionally and socially).
The “Association Right to Life” is a voluntary, nongovernmental, non-profit organization certified for social care by the Greek Ministry of Work and Social Care/Directory of Providence, largely depended on the generosity of the local communities and corporations (donations). The organization is a member of Panhellenic federal organization of parents of people with disabilities (P.O.S.G.AmeA), a member of “Volunteers Society “ of the Ministry of Health, a member of the network of social services in Crete “Zefxis”. Also the “Association Right to Life” is represented at the National Confederation of Disabled People (E.S.AmeA.)
- In 2009 we started the construction of our first Rehabilitation and Day Care Center for people with disabilities “Right to Life” which is a 600 s.m. building, located at Ano Kalessa, at Heraklion in Crete. On Wednesday 5 of October 2011 the Center started providing services of medical monitoring, rehabilitation and day care.
Forty children with various disabilities (autism, mental retardation and physical disabilities) attend daily the schedule of the Center which is opened from 8.00 until 21.30. The children are transferred from and to the Center with two buses and always with driver and assistant driver qualified at First Aid.
The Center offers many different therapies and activities such as: speech therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, traffic education, confectionary group, psychological support, counseling services to families of children and adults served at the Centre e.t.c.
Very often the Center organize excursions to museums, in the city, in our village, in playgrounds, in the sea,in riding clubs, participate in sporting events e.t.c
Our Center employs: administration manager, scientific responsible, secretary, neuropediatricians, child psychiatrist, social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, psychologists, assistant nurses, support staff, economist, drivers and co-drivers, special education teachers, special education trainers, and general stuff.
2. In 2017, we started providing services of rehabilitation and day care in our second Center of Rehabilitation and Daily Care for 25 persons with disabilities at Thrapsano, Arkalochori, at Creta.
Twenty five children with various disabilities (autism, mental retardation and physical disabilities) attend daily the schedule of the Center which is opened from 2.30 until 22.30. The children are transferred from and to the Center with two special buses and always with driver and assistant driver qualified at First Aid.
We have 45 employments in our two Rehabilitation and Day Care Centers for people with disabilities “Right to Life”.
Our main objectives are:
- the recovery and rehabilitation of the child with the disability, psychological support and his/her reintegration into societ.
- we have offered one of our buildings to the Municipality of Malevizi in order to house the Center of Creative Action for people with disabilities.
- we offer medical equipment to people with disabilities that cannot afford to buy it (for gratis).
- from 2006 until 2008, we organized rehabilitation programs and specifically therapeutic swimming for kids with various forms of disabilities.
- we organize educational seminars (first aid, speech therapy, physiotherapy e.t.c) and we participate in P.O.S.G.AmeA and E.S.AmeA events.
- we prepare to construct houses for permanent and supporting living for people with disabilities.
Our aim is to give to people with disabilities the best quality of life they could possibly have (physically, emotionally and socially) through continuous support (to the families as well), encouragement, motivation and direct intervention with specialized programs according to the need of each person.
Bank account for donations:
Name of Bank: Eurobank EFG
ΙΒΑΝ: GR68 0260 3300 0001 8020 0360 021
Beneficiary Bank Name: Dikaioma sti Zoi
For any kind of additional information please contact us.
For the Board,
The President: Pavlos Simantirakis
The Secretary: Spyros Voutoufianakis
On the following link you can watch «Right to Life on TV